Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bottom of the hour

I haven't made anything for ages, so I ignored all the jobs that need doing around the house, got out my stash of patterned papers and spent the day making a paper quilt. An entirely pointless exercise (how's a paper quilt going to keep anyone warm?) but it made me happy.

It also meant that I spent most of the day listening to the radio. As I'm sure you know, the Presidential nomination process is well under way here and I am completely hooked, so I'll listen to any amount of discussion on the subject be it at the top or bottom of the hour (that's on the half-hour in case you're wondering).

I did pop out briefly at lunchtime for a quick skating session. The rink is quite different on a weekday, with almost no-one on it - smooth as glass instead of all sliced through and choppy, and far fewer opportunities to plough headlong into fellow skaters. Actually I'm improving, little by little, and only had one butt-bruising crash today. I wonder how the Man is getting on - he's out skiing again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment