Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Gnome away from home

According to Bill Bryson's book about his homeland, Notes from a Big Country (aka I'm a Stranger Here Myself), if you move to Iowa your new neighbours are sure to welcome you with quantities of home-baked goods. Not so in upstate New York, more's the pity - until today that is! The doorbell rang this evening and there on the porch was a family from up the road bearing a gift of pumpkin bread. Very exciting, even more so when we discovered that their girl and boy are pretty close in age to our Girl and Boy. Excellent news.

Last night the Man went skiing with some work colleagues. Here's some evidence.


A propos of nothing, as a student the Man once stood in an election for College Gnome (I say, what jolly high jinks we got up to at university!). But I can't think what suddenly made me think of that.

6 comments:

  1. Like the colleague's Toulouse Lautrec impression. Was an oompa lumpa taking the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact the photographer was over six foot. As was the guy that defeated the Man in the Gnome election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell the man that after a week of feeling absolutely ill and miserable that picture has REALLY cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to be of service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed with the night time skiing. Or was the Man just get lost on the slopes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a maths expert, Maths Expert (I am a bit slow I'm Afraid).

    ReplyDelete