A walk is, of course, a reward in itself...
...but ice-cream is a great motivator. Just a fifteen minute stride away from our new home there is a wonderful 'creamery', and that's where the Girl and I headed for this afternoon.
The Boy was at school and the Girl really should have been too, but she was poorly again (again!) at the weekend which prompted me to take her to the doctor this morning. She was given a clean bill of health and pronounced simply 'unlucky' (you're telling me!) to have been got three times by the same bug. I could have taken her on to school, but since she hadn't really eaten for a couple of days I decided to allow her some time off to recuperate instead. After a sedentary few hours at home she felt she might be able to struggle along the road and force some ice-cream down...
It's not going to be an everyday treat - the homemade ices are made with whipped cream and come in the obligatory dauntingly massive helpings, even the children's portions. Oh, but it's good though. And GREAT that we can get there on foot.
No comments:
Post a Comment