Friday, January 11, 2008

Bits and pieces

This morning I attended my first meeting of Q.U.I.L.T. - Quilters United In Learning Together (try chanting it - it's quite empowering). It was a big event, with at least a hundred women gathered in a large church hall. We were given a talk, with slides, on vintage quilts. Then we got to see heirloom quilts brought in by members of the group. They were good practical quilts in the main, well crafted and very lovely.

Unfortunately I couldn't hang around to meet and chat with anyone as I had to dash off to school to do my Friday driving duties. Today I took a carload of kids skating, so that was fun plus I got the chance to work on my triple salchow and double axel.

I'd been at school earlier, too, to see assembly. This week we sang a song about Martin Luther King and also Jingle Bells (even though there's no more snow to dash through). Nice, but personally I preferred it last week when everyone sang Frosty the Snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment