Thursday, March 28, 2013

Into the woods

We've been having a spot of mouse trouble (again).  The current lot are clever little dudes who have somehow sussed how not to tip the humane tipping traps, while still getting away with the bait.  So I did some research, and the other day sent off for some alternative traps.  I was excited when they arrived yesterday so that I could try them out.

These ones have a one-way swing door arrangement.  The mouse goes in and the door swings shut behind it.  And - success!  We found two fat mice inside the traps this morning.

They came along for the drive (still in their traps) when I took the Man to work this morning, and I released them under some trees in a small park beside the Hudson River.  Cheerio, rodent friends, and good luck in the wild - your nights of free peanut-butter nosh-ups chez Albaniana are at an end.  But no doubt we'll be meeting more of your relatives over the next few days...

The Girl also had an outdoor adventure this afternoon, with her Girl Scout troop.  One of the dads took the half dozen of them into the Normanskill Preserve to do some trail clearing.  They worked hard and got pretty filthy lugging old pipes and rusty oil-drums and about 50 breeze-blocks out of the woodlands.  The Girl is up for doing more of the same (elegant on an ice-rink she may be, but she's also not bothered about getting grubby when the need arises) only next time she plans to wear work gloves and proper waterproof boots. 

2 comments:

  1. That was very good of the Girl I didnt think you would have fly tipping problems in your neighborhood Apparently someone dumped 6 old domestic appliances by the side of the road near Henley which has caused OUTRAGE locally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me you will have to get a cat

    ReplyDelete