Friday, March 8, 2013

Boxed in


We suspected the kids would get a snow delay today, and they did.  Yay: a lie-in!  Then, as the snow kept on falling, the delay was upgraded to a full-blown snow day.  More yay!  I think we ended up with about six inches of white.  But it won't be around for long - in fact as soon as it stopped falling it started melting, and we're set for a warm weekend.

We used at least part of the bonus day creatively.  The Girl and I had some fun with bits and pieces we found lying around. 

A couple of boxes become....

Girl's Desert Scene withTumbleweed and Alien


Albaniana's Undersea World with Turtle

And the Boy finally got round to varnishing some bird boxes we painted a couple of years ago, so if proper spring ever does decide to arrive the local birdlife will have some colourful housing options.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the Man had to go to work even if the kids managed to get an extra long week end
    It all looks very pretty
    We are promised snow this week end as well The daffodils wont like that (and neither will I!)

    ReplyDelete