I have never visited Germany, and until the weekend had not even flown low enough over it to have seen it from above. But en route to Poland and back I had stopovers in Munich, and had good views of the German countryside as we flew in and out of the airport.
I grew up with a set of those little wooden houses that you can use to build your own mini village. They were made in Germany (the old GDR, I'm guessing). Looking out of the plane window as we neared Munich on Friday, I was completely charmed to see that German houses really do look like the little wooden ones - simple shapes, symetrical windows, red roofs. Only now, thanks to government subsidies, quite a lot of the red roofs have had shiny solar panels added.
So tonight, in recognition of Germany's solar power endeavours, I bring you...
Charming
ReplyDelete(prettier than Lego}
I used to listen to AFN from Munich when I was in Egypt
I recognise the project instantly - I think I know the installers... An early one, by the look of it!
ReplyDeleteHm, the installer is perhaps in need of more training - but not bad for a first effort...
ReplyDelete