Friday, November 2, 2012

Categorically bad

I was sorry to learn today that Saugerties Lighthouse, which we recently visited, was flooded out earlier this week and will be closed until further notice.  Yet another victim of Sandy (such an inappropriately cheery name, that, given the awful destruction it has wreaked).

I've been trawling around putting up lawn signs (with lawn-owners' permission, of course) to advertise the annual Fair Trade Market happening later this month.  I can't believe it's already November (though the chill in the air - not to mention talk of snow - hints that it really is).

The Girl saw out October on Wednesday with some late evening homework.  The Science teacher, bowing to the inevitability of Halloween, had set her students the task of categorizing 25 pieces of trick-or-treat candy.  Well, that was soon done.  How quickly the Girl will be able to demolish the couple of hundred other pieces remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment