Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A better Best Buy experience

I have a "things to do" list as long as my arm.  This week I'm making a concerted effort to shorten it. 

Several of the to-dos involve working on the computer.  A couple of them, until today, involved fixing the computer.  Again.

Since having it mended a few weeks ago (after the hard-drive failed) we'd become aware that the anti-virus system had switched off, but the disc for it wouldn't let us reinstall it.  Also the battery (it's a laptop) had completely failed.

Sigh.  Back to Best Buy with a heavy heart, expecting a long wait and and an argument.

But no - total satisfaction!  Having tried and failed to reinstall the anti-virus from our original disc, the guy gave me a new one and installed it from that.  And he ordered a new battery for us, over and above the once-only-per-lifetime replacement battery offered by our warranty.  So yay, Best Buy are back in my better books.  Though I think I'd like them even better if they'd sold us a computer that worked in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment