Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer has sprung

Today, on the very brink of official Spring, it has been warmer outside than in the house.  T-shirts, shorts and sandals weather - but it's only March! Usually here in the northeast they're giving frost warnings until at least the end of May.  Well, just take a look at our front yard this time last year, for example.  I suppose that could still happen, but this year it doesn't seem very likely somehow.   In the front flowerbed the crocuses have all suddenly burst into flower.  This afternoon I sat on the back deck and watched trees and bushes pushing out leaf buds and the lawn growing greener, right before my eyes.

According to the car thermometer, it reached 79F.  We're expecting even warmer weather later in the week.  Yikes!  If it goes on like this, the Girl will be celebrating her early April birthday with a pool party...



2 comments:

  1. Sunglasses needed this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't needed my sunglasses in so long that they were broken in my bag when I got them out today. Fixed them with insulating tape - my little tribute to Jack Duckworth.

    ReplyDelete