Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Knowing me, knowing...who?

Yesterday in Hannafords I smiled and said hi to a woman about my age.  I knew that I knew her, even though I wasn't sure why, or who exactly she was.  She half-smiled back at me, obviously wondering who the heck I was, too.

A few minutes later she tapped me on the shoulder in the dairy produce aisle.  "Now I know! You're [Albaniana], aren't you!"  I admitted that this was true, and then confessed that although I recognised her face I couldn't place her.

"I'm J's neighbor," she explained,  "And I also know you from the..."

"...Fair Trade thing!"

"Yes!"

We parted, most satisfied, though agreeing that we both must be "in that phase of life."

When I got home I started reading the book that I'd eagerly bought (at a bargain discount) in Barnes & Noble earlier in the day.  I was very pleased to have found it, because I knew I'd been wanting to read it.  But after a page or two... I realised I already had.  I do now have a vague memory of having borrowed it from the library about a year ago.  Oh dear - seems like I'm well and truly "in that phase".

Oh well.  I'm enjoying the book again - The Guinea Pig Diaries by A.J.Jacobs.  Fun, if nerdy Jewish humour is your thing.  But perhaps you already knew that - I can't rule out having blogged about it before...

No comments:

Post a Comment