Monday, February 14, 2011

New York choc exchange

I led a snowshoeing lesson at Five Rivers this morning, for a group of good-natured 7th graders (12-13 year olds).  They were somewhat interested in the tracking aspect of things, but had the most fun gallumphing around in the deep snow of the meadow.

We were out for nearly two hours and walked about a mile and half, stopping to observe signs of animal life as we went along.  Towards the end of the hike we were seeking out shady areas to stand in, to cool down.  Today has been the closest thing to hot a day we've seen for...well, it seems like months.   No point hoping to get used to that though, we're heading down below freezing again for tonight and tomorrow.

In the afternoon I dropped into the Girl's classroom to see her and her classmates enjoy their Valentine's Day party.  Just another excuse for lots of candy, as far as I could see.  The Boy also came home with a small sackload of lollies etc.  Sigh.  But then again, the Man and I (who don't always bother marking this Hallmark Holiday) have exchanged enough fair trade chocolate today to last us until Easter - 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment