Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gone today and hair tomorrow

Up early to bid farewell to the Man, who is off on some travels.  The Exile called for him at 6:30am and they headed down to JFK airport, thence onwards to a faraway land and an inconveniently different time zone.  As I write - and possibly even as you read this - they are still up in the air.   More on that anon.  He has taken the camera with him, and maybe he'll post some photos from his destination later in the week.

Though I feel a little gloomy without him, at least I have plenty of projects to keep me busy for the next few days.  First up was hosting a late birthday party for the Boy this afternoon.  Not a big deal.  Just a small bunch of boys hanging out together, with added crisps and cake. 

Just now I've been plaiting (braiding) the Girl's hair.  I am naturally curly-but-not-in-a good-way, and go to quite a lot of trouble to straighten my hair (though even after my best efforts, the least drizzle or humidity makes it frizz up like a crazy sheep).   My daughter, however, has dead straight (except when tangled in rats' nests of neglect) hair, and yet she yearns for waves.  So we've plaited it wet tonight so that it will be twirly tomorrow morning.  What contrary creatures we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment