Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Confessions of a socks maniac

It has been a pleasant enough day, though uneventful.  Both kids managed to arrange to see friends, and I went on a sock-shopping trip.  I seem to have to shop for socks an awful lot.  Whichever sort I buy, and whoever wears them, they don't last longer than about two washes before they're full of holes.  Is that true of British socks, too?  I can't remember. 

Maybe it's time I learnt how to knit my own.

5 comments:

  1. Too many Xmas tangerines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this problem in the olden days,but it must be over 50 years since I had a hole in my sock
    ( I usually buy them at M&S)Perhaps its your washing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a sock-aholic. i have...well, lets just say too many pairs! They seem to last well in the wash (hurrah for M&S).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think children's socks get holes because they moan so much about having their toenails cut...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our socks (kids' and adults') all go through at the toes AND the heels - although our heels aren't especially pointy.

    After two endorsements for M&S I guess I'll know where to go and stock up on footwear next time we're in the UK.

    ReplyDelete