Friday, February 25, 2011

Be careful what you wish for

A few weeks ago we had days and days of media build-up to an epic snowstorm that didn't quite happen.  Today's forecast talked about 3 inches of "wintry mix", probably turning to rain...

...but oh no.  We had snow.  And snow and snow and snow.  And more snow.  Well over a foot according to my yardstick by the time the day was out.  The Man cleared the driveway late morning, and three hours / three inches later I cleared it again.  And then once again a few hours after that, though even as I did so another half inch fell.  (It's not as mad as it sounds, by the way, clearing a drive while it's still snowing - you try shovelling more than a foots-worth in one go.)

It's all my fault, of course.  I was the one wishing for "a proper winter" and "snow worth writing home about".  Certainly had that - and I daresay you're sick of reading about it by now.  And just in case any of you in Springy Britain are suffering from snow-envy all I can say is, Come on over!  Bring a shovel and a container lorry and take as much as you want. 

Seriously, be our guest.  We are so done with snow.

But oh, go on then - since we've got it, we'll still manage to go out and have some fun in it.

1 comment:

  1. We will probably get our next lot of snow in May!

    ReplyDelete