This morning I had a useful meeting at a local church. Another Fair Trade Market is afoot, so that's great. While I was out the Girl had an outing on her rollerblades, as a change from ice-skating.
From there it was straight over to Willard Mountain for one last ski lesson. Of the eleven that started in my adult-learners class, only two of us made it right through to this final session. I feel like I've learnt a lot from the course, and what I still lack in fearlessness (I'm much, much happier sticking to the easier runs) I'm beginning to make up for, slightly, in style.
The kids meanwhile merrily plunge down Black Diamonds, seemingly without a care in the world. We suspected all along that the Girl would take readily to skiing, but the Boy (not famous for wanting to try new things) has really impressed us with his dogged determination, courage, and willingness to test himself to the limit.
No comments:
Post a Comment