Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some like it hot...

...though not me particularly. The heatwave continues here, with today as hot as yesterday. It's hard to get anything done, though I'm giving a Fair Trade presentation on Friday so I've had no choice but to get on with preparing that.

The pool is a great help, of course, when it comes to cooling off. The Boy has been enjoying it especially.

Tonight I've been babysitting the younger Exiles. E5N1 was reluctant to go to bed, as three year-olds often are. He kept reappearing on some pretext or another. At one point he came downstairs to let me know, very earnestly, that he had something to tell me:

Me: OK, you can tell me.

E5N1:
Umm, err, hmmm... (long thoughtful pause). I like your dress!

It was good of him to notice - I'm sure it was the first time in his life that he's seen me wearing a dress.

2 comments:

  1. I recall you wearing a dress back in 2006. Have you got another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daahling, I own two cocktail dresses and a ballgown - I assume it's the latter you're remembering? Oddly enough, I don't often get to wear any of them.

    Also one little summer dress which I've had at least 12 years and which was long ago relegated to the dressing-up box - until I hoiked it out a couple of days ago and realised it still looks fine.

    ReplyDelete