There's no let-up from the heatwave, though to be honest it's easy enough to avoid the worst of it by hanging out at the library or in a store - in fact there's some danger of frostbite in most public buildings.
And I know I keep going on about the pool, but with the water at a steady 88F now it is a great place to spend long stretches of time. It's an absurd luxury, and a complete white elephant most of the year, but this week especially we've really appreciated it. A little swim just before bedtime (by the light of stars and fireflies) is the perfect way to set up a good night's sleep.
Before I go off and change into my cozzie again, can anyone recommend some good summer reading?
Anything by CJ Sansom - I am hooked at the moment. BTW, thanks for the recommendation of SUM - we are reading it for our book group -fascinating. So many favourites.
ReplyDeleteI just enjoyed Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, which I filched from the library's Book Club section because I had no idea what I wanted to read...It was a good find.
ReplyDeleteI wish there were a few more air conditioned buildings in the UK to hide in. A colleague was resorting to driving around in her car to keep cool today!
ReplyDelete