We were promised overnight rain and it duly came, and continued through half the morning, too. It has brought temperatures down somewhat, but only into the 80s and it's still muggy.
The Girl has gone off to spend a night camping in the Catskills with a friend (and the friend's mother and brother, and another family). Rather them than me, to be honest, in this kind of weather.

All the more room in the pool for the rest of us, though. I managed to surprise the Man this evening by revealing that I'm not a bad swimmer. Generally I paddle about doing breastroke in a girlie don't-get-my-hair-wet kind of way, but when I do decide to put my face in the water I'm can go pretty fast, and I also do a mean backstroke.
The Boy, meanwhile, is all into underwater tricks (swimming between legs etc) and diving in various styles (including the occasional bellyflop, which he does with great good cheer). He's quite the amphibian.
No comments:
Post a Comment