Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cannon and Mall

The Man writes..."enough of the 'cute kids' videos!" I hear you cry. What happened to the traditional "Little Englander" whingeing? Well, I aim to please...

Things have got(ten) real dear here lately. I used to think $3.49 was a lot for an unexceptional small white loaf when I mentally divided all the prices by 2. Now with the decline of the pound I have to divide by 1.5, so I reject bread as far too expensive. Petrol is cheap again though, and sitting in the car in the evening with the engine running is becoming an attractive alternative to heating the home.

Money is expensive as well! Even at one of the city's giant indoor Malls you are charged $2 for using an ATM. Supermarkets charge less for "cashback", but limit the withdrawal to only $50.

Somewhat surprised this morning to find next door's front garden covered in snow! Unless there was some really freaky weather overnight, I have to conclude that the rumbling sounds we heard yesterday evening was a snow cannon. Which is novel. It does look very pretty - maybe I'll ask to borrow it as it's rather disappointing that we've had less snow than England so far this season.

2 comments:

  1. Why would someone want to import snow when it is pretty likely that you will be spending the next few months under inches of the stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discussed this very question with the bus driver today. We couldn't find an answer.

    ReplyDelete