I drove the kids into school and went to assembly, where we learnt some fun facts about bubblegum. Then, in our hippy way, we sang 'We Shall Overcome' in honour of the election result.
Had coffee (which rolled into lunch) with Exile #2 and we talked about all sorts of things including Jane Austen, vegetable gardening and the election. Later on I went and picked up the kids and took them for a playdate with the friends with the crazy dog. Dog still crazy. It tried to eat our shoes. Talked about the election.
And tonight I've been at my book group meeting discussing 'The Double Bind' by Chris Bohjalian (a cheery tale of homelessness and mental illness), and detouring off onto the achievements of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. And also the election.
I must have drunk a bit too much wine as when I came home I nearly went to the wrong house.
No comments:
Post a Comment