Many words have been written and spoken today about what last night's election result means for America and for the rest of the world, so I won't add too many of my own - except to say I hope Obama turns out to be a great President. Even just a fairly good one would be a nice change.
Meanwhile life goes on. It has been strangely warm all day. I took a walk at Five Rivers, and went and got my hair cut. I'd have talked elections with the hairdresser only it's a very cheap place I go to and conversation isn't part of the service. The Boy tells me my hair looks 'terrible', but he always says that.
Our clocks went back at the weekend (a week later than the UK). I haven't got round to changing most of ours though - intentionally, as it has made it easier to get the kids (well, the Boy at least) to bed at a decent time. But since everyone else is on Daylight Saving Time I guess I'll have to give in soon and admit the truth.
Technically speaking, we've just stopped saving daylight - and not a moment too soon as you can read here.
ReplyDeleteYou are quite right, it's just me on DST still... I was tired last night and blog-editing way past my bedtime. Or not? Oh, I don't know, it's too confusing.
ReplyDelete