Lots of people have told us it's going to be a severe and snowy winter this year - though I'm not quite sure how they know. But at any rate, it has really been getting cold in the last few days - today we were into the low 20Fs, and with wind chill it felt even colder.
So a friend's birthday party at a cinema seemed like a pretty good idea, one way and another. I accompanied the kids and we saw Madagascar 2 - not destined to become a timeless classic, I suspect, but good fun for a Saturday afternoon movie.
The cinema is in one of the malls, and the shopping area and car parks were heaving. I can't imagine what the place must be like on a pre-'holidays' weekend when we're not all supposed to be in the grip of a global recession. Though maybe everyone else was just there to keep warm, too.
'the boy needs a haircut' was the only comment ventured from my daughter's lips this morning when she saw the video.Pots and kettles spring to mind. By the way its freezing here too!
ReplyDelete