Sunday, November 9, 2008

Location, location, location

Recently I've been doing a counted cross-stitch embroidery. This is more occupational therapy than creative expression - it's really just stitching-by-numbers - but at least it's the sort of undemanding thing you can get on with while playing Monopoly with the Boy. Which is what I was doing this morning.

It's been another one of those days when blogs intersect. The Man set off first thing with the Exile and other work-related friends to hike up Mount Greylock, the highest mountain in Massachusetts. Here's the view from the top.

That just left me and the Boy, since the Girl was away at her sleepover.

Our Monopoly set is actually 'Albany in a Box', which becomes more fun as I grow more familiar with the area. The Boy and I competed fiercely for my favourite landmark, Nipper (even though it's the equivalent of Whitechapel on the London board), but when the Boy decided to buy the much more prestigious Historic Cherry Hill (the equivalent of Piccadilly, amazingly) I told him he was welcome to it.

We eventually collected the Girl, and spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with the Exile's abandoned family. A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment