I was only joking the other day when I wrote about the Man's annual disappointment on not being awarded a Nobel Prize. But blow me, we wake up this morning and find that two of our friends have won one, and the big famous Peace one at that! Neither of them is Al Gore, but they are both members of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. In case they should be reading - congratulations, you are worthy winners and we're proud and happy to know you.
More house-hunting today, followed by a trip to a broker to buy car insurance. In the package of paperwork we left the office with was a booklet on how to drive and advice on how to apply for a driving test, which was a bit disconcerting in a hard-to-define way.
As a new car is about to enter our lives, so our hire car, containing the Sat Nav, is about to leave it. Recently I've realised that I can now manage pretty well around Albany without satellite support. Somehow all the pieces have started falling into place. Just as well, as my Sat Nav friend has been having a virtual nervous breakdown. The other day she kept informing me that I had driven into the Hudson River. I told her, look, even taking my past record into account, I'm not that bad a driver.
No comments:
Post a Comment