Well, first off I'm happy to report that yesterday's child-with-a-hurt-finger turned out to be just badly bruised. Not good, of course, but I'm glad it was nothing worse.
We've had another day of blue skies and sunshine, but we're expecting the cold weather back again tonight and for the next few days. Even so, there are enough substantial signs of spring now (daffodils, catkins, leaf buds on every tree) to satisfy me that winter proper is behind us at last. Hooray!
I drove some of the Girl's class to CMOST today, but forewent the opportunity of another snooze in the planetarium and snuck off for a coffee instead.
A propos of nothing, a flurry of comments please in response to this plea for your Inconsequential Brushes with Famous People. My all time favourite (known to many of you I'm sure): Gordon Brown once rang me at home. Big Ben was bonging in the background. There now.
Oh come on! I know for a fact Cheaper Tyre's got a cab-hailing related story. And one of you must have sold Dame Judi Dench or somebody a cup of tea at a village fete... Or are you all above this sort of trivia? Am I reduced to providing my own comments? I fear it may be so.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if this counts as an Inconsequential Brush, but I did shake hands with Margot Fonteyn. At my degree ceremony.
ReplyDeleteBut as one who hasn't heard your Gordon Brown story, what I want to know is - what cabinet post was he offering you?
I'm afraid that is classified information. Try asking me again about 60 years from now.
ReplyDeleteWhen I worked for HIT we had a party for the first stage show of Bob the Builder. Bill Wyman came along with some kids and asked me where the face painting was.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was about 13 I was on holiday in Menton. On a day trip to Monaco we stood outside the Palace with a small crowd watching some dignitaries arrive. David Niven sauntered over to say hello and my Dad I and shook hands with Sean Connery.
ReplyDeleteI was once selling hand-painted silk cushions at a rather nice craft fair in Oxfordshire and Anneka Rice came by, but she didn't buy anything.
ReplyDelete