As she was poking around in my mouth the other day the dentist recommended that I start taking multi-vitamins. "Let's just face it," she said, "the American diet doesn't provide all the nutrients you need. Vitamins will help you with stress - your tongue looks red, that's a sign of stress. And your mouth seems very dry - stress again - is it always like that?"
I said, "Oh-i eh ai ah uh eh'ih."
(Only when I'm at the dentist.)
Anyway, I thought I'd give multivitamins a whirl, so I bought a pot called Ultimate Vegetarian Multi. It's only since I started taking them that I've properly studied the packet and checked the Daily Value percentages of each tablet: eg iron - 56% (sounds good); folic acid - 100%; selenium - 143% (bit extra just in case, eh?); vitamin E - 333% (hang on a minute); vitamin B6 - 3750% (huh??); riboflavin 4412% (you're kidding me?); thiamin - 5000%....
Stop! This is stressing me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment