Friday, April 18, 2008

Wanted! Answers to the name of "Tufty"

A busy old day to end the vacation week: friends to play and lunch, then off to see other friends performing in their end-of-circus-camp show, followed by a trampolining playdate. This evening the Girl and I joined the Exiles and crowd for their fortnightly Rock Band session, though we didn't exactly participate - I was comparing Spring Break experiences with Exile #2 and the Girl curled up on a couch with a stack of books.

The other day I hung up a little cage containing a slab of suet for the birds. Of course the squirrels came along and took what they could of it but I almost forgave them because they were pretty enterprising, shimmying up the pole it hangs from. But this morning there was just a chain - the suet cage had been yanked down in the night. I saw it on the grass, but when I went out a bit later to pick it up and fix it, it had completely gone. Pesky varmint squirrels - just rats with fluffy-tail disguises if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment