Saturday, April 12, 2008

Scorchio!

The weather forecasters were completely wrong. After some morning rain we've had a beautiful day today. 'Scorching!' said the Girl, and liking the sound of that said it some more - 'Scorching! Absolutely scorching!'


We enjoyed the sunshine in our own back yard, and even got a bit of gardening done.







The Girl's out tonight at a sleepover party. Let's hope it's not a repeat of the last one. I chatted briefly with a couple of moms when I dropped her off. Addressing the host's mom one mother deadpanned - 'So you won't actually be sleeping with my son? He usually likes to snuggle down between his parents...' And the host's mom, without missing a beat, replied, 'Ah, no. But he'll be fine. We'll make sure all the doors and windows are locked - my husband and I are going out for the night. Didn't we make that clear on the invitation?'

I knew the kids were planning to watch Home Alone this evening, but didn't think they'd be using it as a training video...

But there, who says Americans have no sense of irony? It's just not true. The ones I've been meeting all have it in spades.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to be so late with a comment (I have left loads on old pages of course) but I have to confirm that Jonathon Ross called me a taxi (NOT cab!) outside the V&A last year. He was SOOO nice. You have to be really incompetent and pathetic when trying to stop a taxi in London and then someone famous will have to help you!
    Cheaper Tyre...with love

    ReplyDelete