I have spent the past few weeks glaring at bare trees and willing them to sprout leaves. No success yet, but there are definitely buds on a couple of trees at the front of our house. It can't be long now - we just need a few more warm days like today...
So though I'm not really a get-up-and-go kinda gal (more of a sit-down-and-twiddle-my-thumbs one, really), with these signs of spring at hand I was moved to grab a rake and give the front yard a once-over.
I was inspired by all the neighbours (and the Exile) who had spent the weekend scraping up leaves left over from the fall, and gathering up branches and twigs that had scattered themselves about during the winter. They'd left them in neat bundles and heaps by the roadside for the municipal garden-waste collectors to pick up.
Of course by the time I got my act together the collectors had been and gone, but I daresay they'll be back - though by then I expect my little pile of leaves and moss and dried grass will have blown back all over the lawn. Ah well.
No comments:
Post a Comment