Wednesday, April 30, 2008

May bawl?

I happened to give Exile #4 a lift up to school this morning. She was in a talkative mood and yattered on in that stream-of-consciousness way that three year-olds have, tossing in the odd revealing tidbit such as 'My Daddy drives much faster than this...'

After doing my regular library duties I drove home. It was snowing! Barely, but snow nevertheless, and we're expecting frost tonight. I hope our just-established crabapple tree makes it through the night. It's kind of sad to have the heating on again for the last day of April.

Tomorrow morning we will all get up at dawn, climb onto our roof and sing 'Summer is Icumen In' at the tops of our voices. We hope this quaint English tradition will add some colour to our neighbours' daily routines.

4 comments:

  1. How was the dawn chorus, and did you find a suitably treacherous bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they do: 'pinch, punch etc etc' and 'white rabbits' in the US when its the first of the month or is it just over here? Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did warn you about not casting clouts ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Boy came in and work me up around dawn, and that was May Morning enough for me. The local ditches look a bit chilly for jumping in, so never mind treacherous bridges.

    Nobody has pinched or punched me, that's all I can say to that.

    And luckily I had kept a few warm clouts handy in spit of the hot spell, so that's ok then.

    ReplyDelete