Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The gr8 day arrives

Eagerly awaited for days and weeks, nay months - well, let's just call it a year - the Girl's birthday finally arrived. It seems to have been a good one.

I had a moment of panic first thing this morning when my dear daughter reminded me how much she was hoping to have a card with an '8 today!' badge on it so she could wear it at school. Oh lumme, forgot to buy one of those... But I invoked the Emergency Mum Muse and was inspired to grab cardboard, scissors, glue and sequins - and ta-dah, one sparkly number 8. I stuck a safety pin on the back and we were in business. The Girl spent the rest of the day shedding sequins wherever she went, but I don't suppose anyone minded.

After school there was a visit to Build-a-Bear. We now have a very well-dressed bunny in the family, and I have issued a moratorium on further cuddly toy accumulation.

Eight, though. It seems like only yesterday I was in the delivery room, completely high on gas and air, shouting 'That's my baby!'

3 comments:

  1. A very very happy birthday to the girl from all of us here in suddenly sunny Linton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thick-ish snow and warm (no - t-shirt for the boys) sunshine in one week. Cerainly April Fool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having similar weird weather patterns. It was positively sultry on Monday, temperatures in the mid-sixties. Now it's colder again, but fresh and bright. But there'll be snow tonight and rain tomorrow. Ah me. Temperatures up again next week, though, so they say...

    ReplyDelete