If, like me, you realise you know less than you thought you did about this extraordinary man, get reading and be inspired. Here's a place to start.
We spent the day at home, enjoying the company of most of the Exiles during the afternoon. By the end of the day there were toys strewn up and down the stairs and the Boy's room was full of rubbish, literally, so it looked like a good time had been had by all.
Sorry this blog's a bit short. Because I love my daughter very much I have been making a tiny cardboard Tudor cottage for her to take in to 'share' at school tomorrow. It's part of a set of English architectural re-creations (you can buy the kits at Saffron Walden Museum). There is a corner of an Albany suburb that is forever England...
glad to see you figured out your blog-comment-making difficulties livid;
ReplyDeletealbaniana, I have a rocking chair in kit form in the loft, please come and collect.... If only I had known you were into making fiddly paper models I would have given you my half finished Mont-St-Michel to complete, but unfortunatley after 6 years of neglect it just got filed in the bin in the lastest round of house-tidying .
'Into' making paper models is putting it a bit strong, though you know me, I enjoy pretty well any craft challenge.
ReplyDeleteIf the rocking chair is one of those enormous 1970s bentwood & cane monstrosities commonly found in pieces in people's attics (we had one in ours for a while) rather than intact in their sitting rooms I'll pass, thank you (though I daresay they are back in retro-chic vogue by now). If it's a rather tasteful Shaker item with woven-strap seat, however, I'll be happy to collect...
So glad to be getting Comments again - thought you'd all abandoned me and left me writing only for the benefit of accidental visitors from Brazil.
Am a big fan of MLK too. By the way,I have 1000,000 piece 3D jigsaw puzzle of the Taj Mahal(bought in 1996)if anyone wants it?
ReplyDeleteAm a big fan of MLK too. By the way,I have 1000,000 piece 3D jigsaw puzzle of the Taj Mahal(bought in 1996)if anyone wants it?
ReplyDeleteOo, sounds like a candidate for Linton News's 'Too Good for Jumble'.
ReplyDeleteThe Taj Mahal does a mean vegetable biryani, but that doesn't mean I want a jigsaw of it.
ReplyDeleteA propos none of this, Albania, did anyone send you the Linton 2008 calendar? A classic, especially June.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it though - 'This is your future'. Ninja was my kind supplier.
ReplyDelete