Went on a lovely walk this morning with Exile #2 and her youngest offspring, round one of the longer trails at Five Rivers. How pleasant it was to stroll along enjoying the sights and sounds of a nature reserve without once hearing the whingeing call of Ambulator Reluctans (aka the Boy, who was at school). Exile #2's little one is still a baby in a sling and is yet to hone his whingeing-on-walks skills.
It has been warm and summer-like for the last few days. No sign of this nine-month winter everyone talks about.
As I write now I'm feeling a little tense and anxious. Late this afternoon I got an email telling me that someone has put in an offer on the most promising house we've seen (it ticks a lot of our boxes). Typical. The housing market round here is slow to the point of being stationary, and I go and fall for the one house that someone else wants. So, do we put in a counter offer? I need to discuss it with the Man, only he's away on business and I can't reach him on his mobile. Aarghh.
I'll try and distract myself with an episode of ER. I don't know why I watch it, it's rubbish, but there you go. Call it an addictive habit. For some it's soap operas, for others it's the football season, and for others again... reading daily blogs, perhaps?
Tune in tomorrow for the next 'exciting' installment...
In my experience, you always end up with the right house in the end. So if this one doesn't work out, it means there's a better one round the corner. Sounds like bunkum, but you mark the words of the wise woman!
ReplyDeleteAs for ER, it was never the same after Doug Ross left.
I have been telling myself the same (on both counts).
ReplyDeleteGo on - buy the house. And buy the Man a new mobile at the same time...
ReplyDeleteMy head hurts.
ReplyDeleteDoes the man usually get a say in your house-buying activities? I thought not....
ReplyDeleteOuch...and in this case, not true. More in next blog..
ReplyDelete