Friday, October 5, 2007

House-bound

Whew! What a day. I've hardly done a physical thing, yet I'm exhausted.

All day long, emails and phone calls, or waiting for phone calls, and anxious conversations about whether we should make an offer on the house, and if so for how much. The decision-making process was made all the more complicated by the fact that a) the Man was still away in Washington and b) we hadn't had the chance for a second-viewing. Oh, and c) we had to act today. No pressure then.

So finally we put in an offer, only to discover we were up against two other bidders. Should we raise our offer? More agonies of indecision.

We really, really don't like making decisions.

Well anyway, the upshot is, the vendors accepted our offer. We're buying a house!


Whaddya think? I reckon it'll be just lovely once we've shooed out all the critters...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations. It looks lovely. A bit small by local standards, but at least the roof looks in good condition. Glad that Mr & Mrs Anthropomorphic-Hound accepted the right offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whew! What a day. I've hardly done a physical thing, yet I'm exhausted."... That sounds like the Woman I know. "We really, really don't like making decisions." Yep... ... ... And then all of a sudden you're buying a house in America! Wow! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not offer to let the critters stay. They could pay rent or maybe keep house for you in lieu of it!
    Anyway congratulations on the decision. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way get a good surveyor in, that house is definitely leaning!

    ReplyDelete