Saturday, October 6, 2007

Love Ertz?

Good friends have come to visit, up from Providence, Rhode Island, so we've been enjoying their company today.

When I picked the Man up at the airport last night I snapped this lovely thing, displayed in a stairwell. At first glance I thought it was elaborate macrame, but in fact it is made of 'Chenille Stems' (that's pipe-cleaners to you and me). According to the nearby blurb, the artist, Ginger Ertz, 'hopes that the formality of its radial symmetry, coupled with its soft, organic, biomorphic quality will give travelers something to enjoy and remember'. Result, Ginger!


As you can imagine, I'm now wanting one just like it for our new house. I'm also thinking the 'artist' known as 'Insanely Livid' might like to reproduce it to submit in the next Linton Garden Club Show (category 125: Any Other Craft). It'll win you 50p or my name's not Albaniana.

3 comments:

  1. That's not art, it's a headless loo roll dolly. In fact, Ginger's blurb would apply just as well to a loo roll.

    Anyway, I have a tartan tabard to be getting on with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say that we missed this but I'm considering running a course in creating art from rigidly-symmetrical-yet-organic "support cylinders" since I have some experience to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only one thing to ask..does the new house have a patio and is there room to park a small car outside without getting your wing mirrors knocked off? If so, I'm comin to stay!!

    ps. have very nice dangly dream-catcher made out of string you can hang in your bedroom..or shall I keep it for the 2008 show??

    ReplyDelete