
Mum, Dad are you sitting down for this one?
I played crazy golf today.
Those that know me well will be aware that I am appallingly competitive and also have no sense of fun. This is a bad combination, especially applied to crazy golf. I know there may be people out there who suppose me to be a calm, collected type of person, but that's because they have never seen me trying to putt. I last picked up a club in anger (and I use that phrase advisedly) in about 1985, embarrassed myself considerably and vowed never to have anything more to do with golf.
But we learn from our children, and what I learnt today was - cheat! It's much less hassle and you get to finish the course in under ten minutes so that you can go off and enjoy the rest of your day.
And what a fine day it was: Labor Day, and officially the last day of summer pursuits. We spent it at Grafton Lakes which boasts a sandy beach, hiking trails, boats for hire and aforementioned crazy golf course. Between us we did a bit of everything, including swimming in the lake.

My favourite part was the trail, two and a half miles right round the lake along a fairly demanding forest path. Amazingly the children managed the whole route without whingeing (packing a bottomless sack of Dora the Explorer animal crackers certainly paid off). No sooner was the hike over than we jumped aboard a rowing boat to view the lake from yet another angle.
The Girl and Boy are full of ideas for what they'd like to try next: kayaking, pony trekking, cross-country skiing... We haven't seen this sense of adventure in them before. It's great to be in America!
No comments:
Post a Comment