Saturday, September 15, 2007

Falling into another festival?

There's been a definite drop in temperature today. Time to dig out jackets and jumpers - autumn is on its way in.

Perfect timing, then, for the Fall Festival at the nearby Five Rivers nature reserve which we took in this afternoon. There were lots of things to do of a naturey nature, like an insect safari, meeting reptiles and trail-walking. A live band played folksy music which seemed to suit the event.

By chance I found myself chatting with the festival organiser. Could it have been my 'Community Events R Me' T-shirt that drew her my way? (Surely not, it was under my sweater.) Anyway, before I'd even mentioned Linton Children's Book Festival, she happened to ask if I had any ideas for future Fall festivals. Once she'd asked me I found that yes, I did have one or two. She suggested I send her an email. Who knows? I may just find myself getting involved next year.


While we were there we found this dainty pixie hiding in a flowerbed, looking for its hairbrush (I wish!).

No comments:

Post a Comment