Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Crash course

In addition to chauffeuring the Girl hither and yon, I visited my refugee friends again, and we went out for lunch.

We travelled in their car. Unfortunately, while stopping at traffic lights on our journey back we were rear-ended. In fact it was more of a hit-and-run pile-up situation - the silver car behind us was shunted into us, having been smashed into by the pick-up truck behind it. Said truck nipped around the traffic and took off at speed - I didn't even see it.

No-one in our car was hurt. I rang 911 and everything swung into action. The police arrived, and guys to manage the traffic, and an ambulance for the passenger in the middle car who was suffering from whiplash. We gave statements, and limped the car off the road to wait for a tow-truck. The cop gave us an incident number and told us they'd likely find the truck driver as there are cameras at the traffic lights. Then a taxi came for us to take us home. I could then help out to some extent reporting everything to the insurers.

Not the day we'd planned, obviously. However it could very easily have been worse.

This evening, dinner in Delmar with the Boy's buddy's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment