Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Another day, another half-built Center
The Man writes...like Five Rivers, Thacher State Park will also have a large Visitor Center soon, situated on the escarpment immediately above the Indian Ladder Trail. To be honest, it hadn't progressed as far since last year as I had expected.
As usual there were cute newts in a shady pool on the Trail below:
The day ended at Okinawa in Poestenkill - that pleasing style of Japanese-American cuisine that is common here but I have never really seen in the UK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Good to catch up. What happened to Room 343?
ReplyDeleteIt reminded me of the problem of finding the Room of Requirement in Harry Potter.
ReplyDeleteTo be fair the Desk Clerk offered to buy me a bottle of water to apologise, but how could I accept? And shouldn't a $200 hotel room come with a free bottle of water anyway?