Thursday, October 31, 2013

Test-or-treat

It was a soggy old night for trick-or-treating - glad I didn't have to go out and do it this year.

The kids reprised their costumes from last week's party at school - the Girl was a blue-haired Japanese boy from some anime or other, and the Boy was - of course - a three-hole punched sheet of paper.  Each teamed up with a friend (the Boy picked the Grim Reaper) and braved the weather, and each dragged home more candy than I can even bear to look at.  Meanwhile I was manning our own front door and handing out little packets of Fair Trade chewing gum (yes, there is such stuff) - which to my surprise was quite well received by our few fancy-dressed callers.

Best-dressed trick-or-treater of the night: the kid disguised as a New York State Grade 7 test paper. What could be scarier?


1 comment: