Thursday, October 24, 2013

Not included in the service

The other day a chap came round to service the furnace [boiler].  I wasn't expecting him, but he came from the company that usually does this job for us, and he doubled-checked the address on his worksheet and it was definitely mine, so I let him in.

We had quite a long chat down in the basement about the idiosyncrasies of this particular furnace, before he happened to mention the name of the person who had booked him to visit.  At which point we decided that he really ought to be next door, where my neighbour was no doubt waiting in for him.

It's too bad, because the furnace does need to be serviced, so now I shall have to actually book him myself and have him come back.


1 comment:

  1. Is the Agency called Rix and Frayne by any chance?

    ReplyDelete