Exile #2 came round for an impromptu cup of coffee this morning - trying to keep out of the way of a posse of realtors at her house, which is on the market. For the Exile is about to start a new job in Maine - our friends and compatriots will be moving! We're sad for ourselves, but excited for them.
Maybe it was the thought of house-moving that stirred me to action, but I then spent a chunk of the afternoon clearing through drawers and picking through bookshelves - and even managed to get some of my gleanings not only into bags but actually out of the house altogether, so that was good going.
I cooked dinner this evening to a percussion accompaniment from the basement. You'd think it would be a nightmare to have someone practising drums in the house, but it really isn't bad. Not soothing, but not at all bad. Practising the violin as a kid with no aptitude was much worse - for the whole family, I'm sure, but especially for me. That awful noise, and so close to my ear.
No comments:
Post a Comment