Monday, October 7, 2013

Rainbow magic

Tomorrow the guy is coming to close our pool, and not a moment too soon - in fact about two weeks too late, to be honest.  In the last few days the leaves have started to come down.  Today we had stormy weather (we were under a tornado-watch for half the day) so leaves were falling into the pool faster than I could scoop them out.  All in all quite a thankless task, and I can't wait to get the cover fixed in place.

Late afternoon saw the worst of the weather.  There were no actual tornadoes round us, I'm glad to say, although we had some heavy rain and the sky turned dark.  Then sometime after 6pm the sky became bright in a very odd, ethereal way, and there was a magnificent rainbow - the biggest and brightest I've ever seen.  For a minute or two it was a triple rainbow - two full sets of colour in the main bow, and a lighter bow above that.  Neighbours were running into the street to stare at it.


The Man arrived home just in time to try and capture a photo - it was already beginning to fade, but he did his best.

2 comments: