Saturday, October 5, 2013

Now, that's Magic!

We haven't escaped from this weekend's yard-sales completely unencumbered.  I am now the proud owner of a closely-typed 400-page volume entitled "Sleight of Hand" by Edwin T. Sachs.  Not because I particularly want to learn magic tricks, but because it has some irresistible chapter and sub-headings, such as:

Tricks with Watches and Livestock

and

How to Make and Cook a Pudding in a Hat

I may or may not spend the long winter evenings cooking puddings in hats.  I somehow doubt it, just as I've never learnt to Build My Own Harpsichord...  But there are some books out there that just cry out to be bought.

And there are also some must-have labour-saving gadgets, like a self-twirling spaghetti fork that - yes - we also now have.



2 comments:

  1. Does book include
    1 The Great Disappearing Book Trick
    2 How to make a Spaghetti fork invisible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Whatever next? Perhaps someone will invent an electric toothbrush or anlectric pencil sharpener!

    ReplyDelete