Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tootie-flutie

The Boy had his first flute lesson at school today.  It's a little early to say whether or not he'll be the next James Galway, but he enjoyed the class and managed to get a sound out of the instrument - so far so good.

I used to take flute lessons, many many years ago.  I'd better take this opportunity to apologize to my parents for never practising and therefore wasting their money - I didn't get beyond the first exam.  I was also a great disappointment to my French penfriend, a budding harpist who had looked forward to playing flute and harp duets with me when I went to stay.  I think she imagined something like this.  Well, like I say, I was a bit of a let down, but as that video shows, she does seem to have found some more than halfway decent musicians to hang out with since then.  Salut, Marie-Pierre Langlamet.  I was never worthy.

Meanwhile (feet back on the ground) just think:  next time I go to hear an orchestral arrangement of "Hot Cross Buns", my own son will be right in there, puffing away!

1 comment:

  1. First step towards full 1 Man Band outfit?

    ReplyDelete