Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Farm report

No school today, in observance of Yom Kippur.

Wednesday is when I generally visit my refugee friends in Albany, and I did so as usual this morning.  Since they had no school either, it turned into an opportunity to take some of the kids and their mum over to Indian Ladder Farms. The Girl came along, too, of course - she never misses an opportunity to visit her favourite farm.  The Boy was out at a friend's house.

The Karen girls didn't give too much away - were they over- or under-whelmed by the whole experience?  It was hard to tell.  But I hope they enjoyed the change of scene, and at least they came away with a stash of apples.

The highlight for my own Girl was meeting Rosebud, the gorgeous Highland calf who has recently made Indian Ladder her home.  Photos next time we visit, if I remember to take the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment