Back to school.
For the Girl, an unaccustomedly long walk to a school bus stop: due to district budget cuts, those yellow buses are no longer offering door-to-door service. Naturally our Girl is outraged, though frankly it will do her NO HARM AT ALL to have to walk further than the length of her own driveway each day.
For the Boy, a new classroom, schedule and classmates to get used to. In previous years he has found so much change at once quite a challenge, but this time he seems to be managing it all quite cheerfully. There you go, he's growing up.
For me, a backlog of projects to work through. Five Rivers Fall Festival is just a week and a half away, and I've a lot to do to prepare for that. But there are Fair Trade things to think about too, not to mention numerous jobs to attend to around the house and yard... I'm full of determination and resolve to get things done - and I think I'll start by overhauling the calendar and redesignating September as the real New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment