Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scrabbling around

It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like autumn round here.  A British-type autumn, that is - chilly, dank, drizzly - rather than what we want, which is a glorious, sunny, blue-skied Fall.  However, I read somewhere that we do need some rain now to keep the leaves on the trees long enough to do all their colour-changing.  And the colours (already turning) are expected to be especially magnificent this year thanks to our dry summer.   I guess there's plenty of time yet for sunnier days.

Oh, but it does get dark early.  No more late evening strolls around the block, or (perish the thought) after-dinner dips in the pool.  We're into hunkering down season.  The Boy is drawing while listening to an audio-book.  Man and Girl are playing Scrabble, their second game of the evening (but the first game came to a premature end.  The Man put down all seven letters - 50 point bonus! - in his first move, for an opening score of 70, and the Girl refused to continue). 

And I'm struggling to write a blog entry.  How about you?  How do you amuse yourself now the evenings are drawing in?

3 comments:

  1. Im afraid we take the easy way out and watch t/v(or fall asleep after dinner or both!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some sympathy for the Girl. The original score on the 7-tiles must have been 10 or less (because the Man would have used a double word score, and maybe also a double letter score, and then got a 50-point bonus). What was the word? On the other hand, it is important to learn how to lose ... because it happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the word was "glutton".

    ReplyDelete