The kids were off school today for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. The Girl spent the afternoon with a friend, and I took the Boy and his buddy to the Crossings at Colonie, to revisit a maze we last explored several years ago (if I wrote a post about it at the time, alas I can't find it now). I remembered the maze as being rather good, but today it was very disappointing. So many people have pushed between the trees that make up the walls of the maze that there's really nothing 'mazing about it - all routes lead directly to the centre.
So we gave up on that and took a bit of a walk around the Crossings, which is a big public park with an extensive children's playground and then mostly large areas of tired-looking grass divided by tarmac [blacktop] paths. It's rather uninspiring if you're used to the more interesting scenery of, say, Five Rivers, Thacher Park or the Huyck Preserve (but fair enough, you can't very well rollerblade at any of those places).
Eventually we gave up on the Crossings altogether and repaired to a Stewarts shop for ice-cream. Both boys chose chocolate, but I've rediscovered a liking for mint-choc-chip. What's your ice-cream flavour of choice these days?
No comments:
Post a Comment